Educate. Empower. Connect.
Janet Haworth – RN, B. NATUROPATH, GRAD. DIP. HEALTH, MASTERS IN NURSING
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy utilizes modalities such as herbal and nutritional medicine, alongside homeopathy and lifestyle counselling to enable your body to reach its full state of ease and wellness.
If you have a chronic health condition, or are just living life, you can improve your health by minimizing risk factors from your way of living, to enable your body to provide its best version of functionality. This is the way of true wellness.
This is achievable if you already have wellness and want prolonged wellness, or if you have a level of dis ease already present.
The philosophy of naturopathy takes into account six underlying principles:
- The healing power of nature Vis mediactrix naturae
- First do no harm
- Find and treat the cause wherever possible, not only the symptoms Tolle Causum
- Treat the whole person
- Education and Prevention
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better its not” Dr Seuss
What is self management?
Self management is the engagement of individuals in activities and practices that sustain and promote health by:
- Making and or participating in decisions in relation to your health
- Building and sustaining partnerships with others who are involved in their health
- Having the capacity (knowledge resources, confidence) to manage the impact of their health on functioning, emotions and interpersonal relationships
- Monitoring and managing signs and symptoms of illness and chronic conditions.
- Removing the drivers of your chronic condition.
Self management behaviors are linked to the patients overall functioning and wellbeing. These behaviours can independently predict morbidity and mortality in chronic disease, as well as assist the patient to access their own power for the betterment of their health.
Your Treatment Plan…
Janet practices evidence based naturopathic medicine, which includes both scientific and traditional evidence.
Your treatment plan may include:
- Herbal medicine prescriptions
- Nutritional medicine
- Lifestyle changes
- Bach Flower essences
- Homeopathic medicine
- Heartmath training exercises
including excema, psoriasis, rosacea & acne.
including anxiety, depression, PND & panic attacks.
including adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue & burn out.
FEMALE HORMONE IMBALANCE
including from puberty to post menopause, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Fibroids, endometriosis & poor libido.